Title of the centre:
WHO Collaborating Centre for Drug Quality Assurance
Director / Head:
Dr Peter Bird
Office of Laboratories & Scientific Services (OLSS)
Therapeutic Goods Administration (TGA)
P.O. Box 100
(61-2) 6232 8400
(61-2) 6232 8442
Date of Designation:
Terms of Reference:
- Provide support to the WHOs programme of the International Pharmacopoeia, including development & validation of test methods for drug products.
- Perform quality control testing of drug products.
- Provide scientific advice on the quality assurance of drug products.
- In collaboration with WHO, provide training of laboratory personnel in the validation & application of analytical procedures in the quality control of drugs.
- Pharmaceuticals (including essential drugs and medicines)
Types of activity:
- Training and education
WHO organization wide expected result:
11.2 - International norms, standards and guidelines for the quality, safety, efficacy and cost effective use of medical products and technologies developed and their national and/or regional implementation advocated and supported.
+63 2 5289846
Access to annual progress reports and the current workplan (this is accessible to WHO Staff Members only):
Link to eWork