Title of the centre:
WHO Collaborating Centre for Drug Quality Assurance
Director / Head:
Dr Mark McDonald
Dr Kristen Jordan
Office of Laboratories & Scientific Services (OLSS)
Therapeutic Goods Administration (TGA)
P.O. Box 100
(61-2) 6232 8400
(61-2) 6232 8442
Date of Designation:
Terms of Reference:
- Provide support to the WHOs programme of the International Pharmacopoeia, including development & validation of test methods for medicines.
- Perform quality assurance testing of medicines.
- Provide scientific advice on the quality assurance of medicines.
- In collaboration with WHO, provide training of laboratory personnel in the validation & application of analytical procedures in the quality assurance of medicines.
- Pharmaceuticals (including essential drugs and medicines)
Types of activity:
- Training and education
4.3.3 - Strengthening national regulatory authorities facilitated; norms, standards, guidelines for medical products developed; and quality, safety and efficacy of health technologies ensured through prequalification
+63 2 5289028
+41 22 791 3636
Access to annual progress reports and the current workplan (this is accessible to WHO Staff Members only):
Link to eWork