Title of the centre:
WHO Collaborating Centre for the Quality Assurance of Vaccines and Other Biologicals
Director / Head:
Dr Michael Wiseman
Dr Leisa Whitby
Office of Laboratories & Scientific Services (OLSS), Immunobiology and Biochemistry Group
Therapeutic Goods Administration (TGA)
P.O. Box 100
(61-2) 6232 8400
(61-2) 6232 8442
Date of Designation:
Terms of Reference:
- To contribute to strengthening institutional capacity of regulatory authorities through the regional NRA alliance framework in the Western Pacific Region or other regions.
- To support WHO in developing international written standards and guidelines for regulatory evaluation of vaccines and biological medicines and implementing these standards into practice.
- To contribute to the development of international measurement standards and reference materials for vaccines and biological medicines.
- To provide scientific advice on seasonal and/or pandemic influenza vaccine virus strain selection.
- To perform laboratory testing of the quality of vaccines and biological medicines.
Types of activity:
- Product development (guidelines; manual; methodologies; etc.)
- Standardization of terminology and nomenclature
4.3.3 - Strengthening national regulatory authorities facilitated; norms, standards, guidelines for medical products developed; and quality, safety and efficacy of health technologies ensured through prequalification
+63 2 5289740
+41 22 791 3136
Access to annual progress reports and the current workplan (this is accessible to WHO Staff Members only):
Link to eWork