Title of the centre:
WHO Collaborating Centre for the Quality Assurance of Vaccines and Other Biologicals
Director / Head:
Dr Peter Bird
Office of Laboratories & Scientific Services (OLSS), Immunobiology and Biochemistry Group
Therapeutic Goods Administration (TGA)
P.O. Box 100
(61-2) 6232 8400
(61-2) 6232 8442
Date of Designation:
Terms of Reference:
- To provide scientific advice in the field of quality assurance of vaccines and biologicals.
- To perform laboratory testing of the quality of biological medicinal preparations.
- Jointly with and/or at the request of WHO, to conduct training for appropriately qualified staff of National Regulatory Authorities.
- To contribute in the development and review of written standards for biological medicinal preparations.
Types of activity:
- Product development (guidelines; manual; methodologies; etc.)
- Standardization of terminology and nomenclature
Ower: 11.2 - International norms, standards and guidelines for the quality, safety, efficacy and cost effective use of medical products and technologies developed and their national and/or regional implementation advocated and supported.
+63 2 5289745
WOOD David John
Access to annual progress reports and the current workplan (this is accessible to WHO Staff Members only):
Link to eWork