Title of the centre:
WHO Collaborating Centre on Population Salt Reduction
Director / Head:
Dr Webster Jacqui
The Food Policy Division
The George Institute for Global Health
PO BOX M201 Missenden Road
+61 2 9993 4520
+61 2 9993 4502
Date of Designation:
Terms of Reference:
- To provide expert advice to WHO on development of tools for population salt reduction strategies.
- To undertake research and build research capacity in all aspects of salt reduction.
- To support and increase the capacity of the WHO and Member States in the development, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of salt reduction strategies.
- To support and increase the capacity of the WHO and Member States in the development of effective mechanisms for engaging the food industry on food reformulation and monitoring changes in the food supply.
- Noncommunicable diseases other than those specifically mentioned
- Health promotion & education
Types of activity:
- Providing technical advise to WHO
- Implementation of WHO programmes and activities at country level
- Collection and collation of information
Ower: 6.5 - Evidence-based and ethical policies, strategies, recommendations, standards and guidelines developed and technical support provided to Member States with a high or increasing burden of disease or death associated with unhealthy diets and physical inactivity, enabling them to strengthen institutions in order to combat or prevent the public health problems concerned.
XUEREB Godfrey Carmel
+41 22 79 12617
VARGHESE Cherian V.
+63 2 5289866
Access to annual progress reports and the current workplan (this is accessible to WHO Staff Members only):
Link to eWork