Title of the centre:
Collaborating Centre for Occupational Health
Director / Head:
Dr Wendy Macdonald
Centre for Ergonomics & Human Factors
La Trobe University
La Trobe University, Bundoora
+ 61 3 9479 5746
+ 61 3 9479 5784
Date of Designation:
Terms of Reference:
- Contribute to the development of a toolkit for workplace use in managing risk of musculoskeletal disorders.
- Develop a network of experts in risk management of work-related musculoskeletal disorders
- Liaise with the WHO network on behalf of the IEA (NGO in official relations) regarding possible IEA contributions to the network's workplan, including IEA work on musculoskeletal disorder risk management.
- Contribute to the implementation of the WHO Global Plan of Action for Workers' Health and collaborate with members of the network towards defined outputs and products
- Occupational health
Types of activity:
- Coordination of activities carried out by several institutions (e.g. other WHO collaborating centres)
- Development and application of appropriate technology
Ower: 8.3 - Technical assistance and support provided to Member States for strengthening national occupational and environmental health risk management systems, functions and services.
Ower: 8.2 - Technical support and guidance provided to Member States for the implementation of primary prevention interventions that reduce environmental hazards to health, enhance safety and promote public health, including in specific settings (e.g. workplaces, homes or urban settings) and among vulnerable population groups (e.g. children).
KORTUM Evelyn G.
+41 22 79 13531
HASSAN Mohd Nasir
+63 2 5289886
Access to annual progress reports and the current workplan (this is accessible to WHO Staff Members only):
Link to eWork