Title of the centre:
WHO Collaborating Centre for Research on Reproductive Health
Director / Head:
Prof. Georgi Okoev
Dr Karen Arustamyan
Research Centre of Maternal and Child Health Protection
22 Mashtots Avenue
(37410) 531 342
(37410) 530 192
Date of Designation:
Terms of Reference:
- In light of the WHO guidance on Family Planning and Safe abortion provide diagnostic, medical and rehabilitation services to patients with special emphasis on abortion and contraception problems.
- Enhance the utilization of WHO normative guidance in sexual and reproductive health through regular updates of health professionals.
- Participation in postgraduate and continuous education of medical specialist.
- Health education of the population with special emphasis on adolescents and young people sexual and reproductive health.
- Reproductive health (excluding HIV/AIDS)
- Gender; Women & health
Types of activity:
- Training and education
WHO organization wide expected result:
4.2 - National research capacity strengthened as necessary and new evidence, products, technologies, interventions and delivery approaches of global and/or national relevance available to improve maternal, newborn, child and adolescent health, to promote active and healthy ageing, and to improve sexual and reproductive health.
4.7 - Guidelines, approaches and tools made available, with provision of technical support to Member States for accelerated action towards implementing the strategy to accelerate progress towards the attainment of international development goals and targets related to reproductive health, with particular emphasis on ensuring equitable access to good-quality sexual and reproductive health services, particularly in areas of unmet need, and with respect for human rights as they relate to sexual and reproductive health.
Access to annual progress reports and the current workplan (this is accessible to WHO Staff Members only):
Link to eWork