Title of the centre:
WHO Collaborating Centre for Research in Human Reproduction
Director / Head:
Dr Guillermo Carroli
Centro Rosarino de Estudios Perinatales (CREP)
Moreno 878 - 6th floor
+54-0341 448 3887
+54-0341 447 2625
Date of Designation:
Terms of Reference:
- To support WHO in the design of research methodologies in maternal-infant health and advice for the conduct of such researches.
- To support WHO as resource centre in the design and field testing of training materials on perinatal epidemiology and research methodology.
- To co-ordinate research activities with WHO in the preparation, assessment and implementation of randomised controlled trials in maternal-infant health.
- To assist WHO in the formulation and revision of research protocols, guidelines and strategies for the support to countries in relation to Safe Motherhood and Perinatal National Programmes.
- Reproductive health (excluding HIV/AIDS)
- Child & maternal health
Types of activity:
- Information dissemination
- Training and education
Ower: 4.3 - Guidelines, approaches and tools for improving maternal care applied at the country level, including technical support provided to Member States for intensified action to ensure skilled care for every pregnant woman and every newborn, through childbirth and the postpartum and postnatal periods, particularly for poor and disadvantaged populations, with progress monitored.
Ower: 4.7 - Guidelines, approaches and tools made available, with provision of technical support to Member States for accelerated action towards implementing the strategy to accelerate progress towards the attainment of international development goals and targets related to reproductive health, with particular emphasis on ensuring equitable access to good-quality sexual and reproductive health services, particularly in areas of unmet need, and with respect for human rights as they relate to sexual and reproductive health.
+41 22 79 14816
SERRUYA Suzanne Jacob
598 2 4872929 ext. 33
Access to annual progress reports and the current workplan (this is accessible to WHO Staff Members only):
Link to eWork