Title of the centre:
WHO Collaborating Centre for Breast Diagnostic Imaging in Mammary Pathology
Director / Head:
Dr. Dr Gustavo R. MYSLER
Mammary Research Centre (Centro de Investigaciones Mamarias)
Av. Cordoba, 2687
(54-11) 4961 8258
Date of Designation:
Date of Discontinuation:
Terms of Reference:
- In close collaboration with PAHO/WHO, to training professionals & technologists, both nationals & from the Region, who work in this field. This will be done through promoting their participation in the periodic courses offered by the institution, granting fellowships, internships for specialized training & other education activities as needed and investigation.
- Advise PAHO/WHO on the preparation of a Breast Cancer Prevention and Management Plan for the region, by providing information, the participation of professionals, contributing with experience and casuistry, etc;and advise PAHO/WHO on Breast Cancer Health Technologies.
- To cooperate with PAHO/WHO in the region & dissemination of brochures other publication, in instruct the population of the Region on the importance of early detection of breast cancer.
- To cooperate with PAHO/WHO in the preparation & dissemination of educational materials for professionals & technologists who work in this field.
- To help PAHO/WHO respond to the inquires from the countries, by facilitating the expertise of professionals & technologists from the coming Center.
- Health Technology (including laboratory services; but excluding blood safety)
Types of activity:
- Training and education
- Implementation of WHO programmes and activities at country level
- Information dissemination
Ower: 11.3 - Evidence based policy guidance on promoting scientifically sound and cost-effective use of medical products and technologies by health workers and consumers developed and supported within the Secretariat and regional and national programmes.
Ower: 3.2 - Guidance and support provided to Member States for the development and implementation of policies, strategies and regulations in respect of chronic noncommunicable diseases, mental and neurological disorders, violence, injuries and disabilities together with visual impairment, including blindness.
JIMENEZ CENCERRADO Pablo
+1 (202) 974-3605
VELAZQUEZ BERUMEN Adriana
+41 22 791 1239
Access to annual progress reports and the current workplan (this is accessible to WHO Staff Members only):
Link to eWork