Title of the centre:
WHO Collaborating Centre for Reference and Research of Arbovirus and Hemorrhagic Fevers Virosis
Director / Head:
Dr. Enria Delia
Instituto Nacional de Enfermedades Virales Humanas "Dr Julio Maiztegui" (INEVH)
(54-2477) 429 712 / 13/
(54-2477) 433 045
Date of Designation:
Terms of Reference:
- To identify & characterize arbovirus & haemorrhagic fever strains.
- To provide limited quantities of reference reagents to collaborating laboratories for the diagnosis of arboviruses & haemorrhagic fevers.
- To actively participate in efforts to recognize & investigate unusual disease occurrences & outbreaks which may appear.
- To assist in training on laboratory techniques necessary for virus isolation, characterization, diagnosis, & related procedures routinely used in the investigation of arboviruses & haemorrhagic fevers.
- Viral hemorrhagic fevers
- Research policy & development
Types of activity:
- Outbreaks and emergencies
Ower: 1.4 - Policy and technical support provided to Member States in order to enhance their capacity to carry out surveillance and monitoring of all communicable diseases of public health importance.
Ower: 1.7 - Member States and the international community equipped to detect, assess, respond to and cope with major epidemic and pandemic-prone diseases (e.g. influenza, meningitis, yellow fever, haemorrhagic fevers, plague and smallpox) through the development and implementation of tools, methodologies, practices, networks and partnerships for prevention, detection, preparedness and intervention.
Ower: 1.8 - Regional and global capacity coordinated and made rapidly available to Member States for detection, verification, risk assessment and response to epidemics and other public health emergencies of international concern.
FORMENTY Pierre B.H.
+41 22 79 12550
MENDEZ RICO Jairo Andres
Access to annual progress reports and the current workplan (this is accessible to WHO Staff Members only):
Link to eWork