Title of the centre:
WHO Collaborating Centre for Research, Referential Diagnosis, Biological Production & Training in Chagas & Parasitic Diseases
Director / Head:
Dr Sergio Sosa Estani
Instituto Nacional de Parasitologia "Dr Mario Fatala Chabén"
Avenida Paseo Colon 568
(54-11) 4331 4010 /16 /17 /19 /7732
(54-11) 4331 7142
Date of Designation:
Terms of Reference:
- Referential diagnosis of parasitic diseases and Leprosy.
- Quality control of biologics and external control of the diagnosis of parasitic diseases.
- Formulation and performing collaborative biomedical, epidemiological and clinical researches in parasitic diseases.
- Organization of laboratory networks for the diagnosis and control of Chagas disease, leishmaniasis and leprosy, contributing to the control programs actions.
- Training in the diagnosis of Chagas and parasitic diseases, through: courses, workshops and training in the laboratories.
- Elaboration, actualization of laboratory manuals, normative documents and scientific information.
- Advisory on technical issues, managment, and research to Control programs of Chagas disease, and Leishmaniasis in Argentina, and other countries
Types of activity:
- Information dissemination
- Product development (guidelines; manual; methodologies; etc.)
- Standardization of terminology and nomenclature
Ower: 1.3 - Effective coordination and support provided to Member States in order to provide access for all populations to interventions for the prevention, control, elimination and eradication of neglected tropical diseases, including zoonotic diseases.
+598 27073590 x320
JANNIN Jean Georges
+41 22 791 3779
Access to annual progress reports and the current workplan (this is accessible to WHO Staff Members only):
Link to eWork