The Stop TB Department
The WHO Stop TB Department aims to advance universal access to TB prevention, care and control, guide the global response to threats, and promote innovation.
- Provide global leadership on matters critical to TB;
- Develop evidence-based policies, strategies and standards for TB prevention, care and control, and monitor their implementation;
- Jointly with WHO regional and country offices, provide technical support to Member States, catalyze change, and build sustainable capacity;
- Monitor the global TB situation, and measure progress in TB care, control, and financing;
- Shape the TB research agenda and stimulate the generation, translation and dissemination of valuable knowledge;
- Facilitate and engage in partnerships for TB action.