Improving clinical practice
This section contains reviews and related commentaries on a wide variety of interventions designed to improve clinical practice, ranging from training of health-care professionals to evaluation of clinical practices. Also included are summaries prepared by the SUPPORT project.
- Audit and feedback: effects on professional practice and health-care outcomes
- Clinical pathways: effects on professional practice, patient outcomes, length of stay and hospital costs
- Consumer-oriented interventions for evidence-based prescribing and medicines use: an overview of systematic reviews
- Continuing education meetings and workshops: effects on professional practice and health-care outcomes
- Educational outreach visits: effects on professional practice and health-care outcomes
- In-service training for health professionals to improve care of the seriously ill newborn or child in low- and middle-income countries
- Lay health workers in primary and community health care for maternal and child health and the management of infectious diseases
- Local opinion leaders: effects on professional practice and health care outcomes
- Managerial supervision to improve primary health care in low- and middle-income countries
- Strategies for integrating primary health services in middle- and low-income countries at the point of delivery
- Tailored interventions to overcome identified barriers to change: effects on professional practice and health-care outcomes
- The impact of conditional cash transfers on health outcomes and the use of health services in low- and middle-income countries
- The impact of contracting out on health outcomes and use of health services in low- and middle-income countries
- The impact of user fees on access to health services in low- and middle-income countries
- Using alternative statistical formats for presenting risks and risk reductions
"Supporting Policy Relevant Reviews and Trials" is a European Union funded project to develop summaries of systematic reviews relevant to policy decisions. RHL publishes SUPPORT summaries related to sexual and reproductive health. These summaries are specially targeted to policy makers, managers and public health professionals from low and middle-income countries.
- Lay health workers - Do lay health workers in primary and community health care improve maternal and child health?