Adolescent sexual and reproductive health
This section primarily includes critical evaluations of published systematic reviews on pregnancy prevention and HIV/AIDS-related interventions to improve the sexual and reproductive health of adolescents. The abstracts from the Database of Abstracts of Reviews of Effects (DARE) (which is maintained by the Centre for Reviews and Dissemination, University of York, York, United Kingdom) have been reproduced with permission.
Female Genital Mutilation
- Effectiveness of interventions designed to reduce the prevalence of female genital mutilation/cutting
- Interventions for preventing unintended pregnancies among adolescents
- School-based teenage pregnancy prevention programs: a systematic review of randomized controlled trials
- The effectiveness of adolescent reproductive health interventions in developing countries: a review of the evidence
Sexually transmitted infections, including HIV
- A systematic review of the effectiveness of primary prevention programs to prevent sexually transmitted diseases in adolescents
- Effectiveness of the 40 adolescent AIDS-risk reduction interventions: a quantitative review
- HIV prevention interventions in adolescent girls: what is the state of the science?
- HIV sexual risk-reduction interventions for youth: a review and methodological critique of randomized controlled trials
- Interventions to prevent HIV/AIDS among adolescents in less developed countries: are they effective?