- Tous > Public Health, Innovation, Intellectual Property and Trade > Research and Development (R&D) - Innovation and Financing
- Mots-clés > financing sources
- Mots-clés > funding mechanisms
- Mots-clés > pharmaceutical industry - incentive for R&D
- Mots-clés > pharmaceutical industry social responsibility
- Mots-clés > pharmaceutical research - priorities
- Mots-clés > prepayment mechanisms / pooling of funds
- Mots-clés > research and development
- Mots-clés > research and development - global financing
- Mots-clés > research and innovation
- Mots-clés > mecanismos de financiación
(2017; 20 pages)
The strategic workplan to improve monitoring and coordination, and to ensure sustainable funding for health research and development was endorsed by all WHO Member States in May 2013 as a follow-up to the Report of the Consultative Expert Working Group on Research and Development: Financing and Coordination.
Full implementation of the strategic workplan requires commitment from Member States to adequately and sustainably fund its objectives. To date, contributions have totalled only US$ 12.7 million, leaving a funding gap of US$ 72.3 million.