- Tous > Medicine Access and Rational Use > Financing
- Tous > Medicine Access and Rational Use > Pricing
- Mots-clés > drug financing
- Mots-clés > financial burden / risk protection
- Mots-clés > funding medicines
- Mots-clés > health care system - financing and coverage
- Mots-clés > Pharmaceutical Benefits Scheme (PBS)
- Mots-clés > pharmaceutical expenditures - cost analysis
- Mots-clés > pharmaceutical pricing and reimbursement policies
- Mots-clés > reimbursement - cost-effectiveness analysis
- Mots-clés > social health insurance (SHI)
- Mots-clés > universal health coverage (UHC)
(2016; 78 pages)
Systems for Improved Access to Pharmaceuticals and Services. 2016. Ethiopian National Health Insurance Scale-Up Assessment on Medicines Financing, Use, and Benefit Management: Findings, Implications, and Recommendations. Submitted to the United States Agency for International Development by the Systems for Improved Access to Pharmaceuticals and Services (SIAPS) Program. Arlington, VA: Management Sciences for Health.
An assessment on current pharmaceutical financing, SHI and CBHI medicines coverage, and public and private sector medicines prescribing and dispensing and their costs was conducted. The SCMS program conducted an assessment that addressed the supply chain and public-private partnership implications of the expected increased demand for quality medicines and related health supplies.
This report presents the findings from the SIAPS assessment, the implications for preparing a proof of concept for launching and implementing the SHI scheme, and the potential for opportunities to engage the private sector.