- Mots-clés > budgeting
- Mots-clés > central medical store
- Mots-clés > financial planning and management
- Mots-clés > logistics management information system (LMIS)
- Mots-clés > medical supplies and equipment - procurement, storage, stock control
- Mots-clés > national medical stores (NMS)
- Mots-clés > Pharmaceutical Business Plan
- Mots-clés > pharmaceutical logistics management systems
- Mots-clés > pharmaceutical supply chain
- Mots-clés > strategic plan
(2016; 27 pages)
SIAPS. Technical Approach to Developing a Strategic Plan to Strengthen the Central Medical Store: The Case of Pharmacie Populaire du Mali. 2016. Submitted to the US Agency for International Development by the Systems for Improved Access to Pharmaceuticals and Services (SIAPS) Program. Arlington, VA: Management Sciences for Health.
This document describes the techniques and experiences of and lessons learned from developing a strategic plan for the Pharmacie Populaire du Mali (PPM). Technical assistance providers, managers of pharmaceutical supply chain organizations, and consultants can adapt this information to suit local contexts and needs and apply it to their own public health pharmaceutical supply chain strategic plans.
SIAPS employed a systematic and structured approach to support PPM in developing its first strategic plan, including defining the scope and refining the task of developing a strategic plan through consultation with key stakeholders; conducting a national supply chain situational analysis that included country context–political, environmental, social, legislative, economic, and ethical factors–identifying gaps between the organization’s mission and vision and the expectations of clients and stakeholders; prioritizing and developing strategic objectives; and action planning and budgeting.