- Mots-clés > access to affordable essential medicines
- Mots-clés > access to essential medicines
- Mots-clés > affordability
- Mots-clés > antiretrovirals
- Mots-clés > HIV/AIDS-related drugs
- Mots-clés > medicine prices
- Mots-clés > price comparison
- Mots-clés > price of treatment
- Mots-clés > price reductions
- Mots-clés > prices / pricing policy
(2016; 28 pages)
This report provides an update on the key facets of HIV treatment access, including the latest HIV treatment guidelines from World Health Organization (WHO), an overview on pricing for first-line, second-line, and salvage regimens, and a summary of the opportunities for – and threats to – expanding access to affordable antiretroviral therapy (ART).
The report is supplemented by 11 drug profiles that contain more detailed information on pricing trends and patent barriers for key antiretroviral drugs and fixed-dose combinations. Also included is an annex of conditions that define eligibility for reduced prices from 15 pharmaceutical companies.