- Tous > Quality and Safety: Medicines > Quality Assurance
- Tous > Quality and Safety: Medicines > Regulatory Support
- Tous > Quality and Safety: Medicines > Safety and Efficacy
- Tous > WHO Prequalification of Medical Products > WHO-UNICEF-UN Project
- Tous > Diagnostics and Laboratory Technology > General Information
(2015; 5 pages)
In addressing shortcomings in manufacture, regulation and supply that exist across multiple diseases and product types, WHO prequalification is probably the single, most effective source of hands-on regulatory capacity building. And by serving as a single entry point to donor funding for manufacturers who are willing to offer quality products, it greatly facilitates international procurement and distribution. In 2014, the prequalification programme both consolidated its processes for the different product categories and continued to broaden its achievements. This article provides an overview of those achievements.