- Tous > Medicine Access and Rational Use > Rational Use
- Tous > Medicine Access and Rational Use > Selection
- Tous > Medicine Access and Rational Use > Supply Management
- Mots-clés > access to medicines
- Mots-clés > availability
- Mots-clés > availability of essential medicines
- Mots-clés > forecasting demand - medicines, vaccines
- Mots-clés > maternal, newborn, and child health commodities
- Mots-clés > medicines for maternal and child health
- Mots-clés > medicines use
- Mots-clés > quantification
- Mots-clés > quantification - forecasting of medicines and supplies
- Mots-clés > quantification of commodities
(2013; 58 pages)
The Maternal Health Technical Reference Team (MHTRT) was formed to address issues related to access to essential maternal health commodities, specifically oxytocin, misoprostol, and magnesium sulfate, and to support the United Nations Commission on Life-Saving Commodities (UNCoLSC) for Women and Children. To address these issues, the MHTRT divided into multiple subgroups, one of which was the Tools Subgroup.
A key task of the Tools Subgroup was to compile an inventory of tools that would serve as a resource to countries interested in improving access to and use of maternal health medicines. The tools listed in the inventory include materials related to quantification and forecasting, use, and demand and availability.