- Tous > Medicine Access and Rational Use > Financing
- Tous > Medicine Access and Rational Use > Supply Management
- Mots-clés > costs - pharmaceutical supply system
- Mots-clés > medicines - supply chain
- Mots-clés > pharmaceutical logistics management systems
- Mots-clés > pharmaceutical supply chain
- Mots-clés > procurement costs - hidden costs (transportation, storage, import tariffs and taxes, wholesale and retail markups, staff salaries, stock losses and procurement practices)
(2015; 2 pages) [Spanish]
Alliance for Health Logistics, that seeks to improve health product availability throughout Latin America and the Caribbean (LAC)' produced a high-level infographic for health policymakers. Using this new material, the Alliance members will jointly encourage countries to invest - not only in procuring essential medicines - but also in the public health supply chains that deliver these products to the people who need them.
The graphic demonstrates that by committing between .05-.33 cents to supply chains for every US$ dollar invested in products, countries can strengthen their health programs, better serve their customers, and help meet their development goals. The infographic is available in both English and Spanish and will be widely disseminated throughout the region by the fifteen organizations.