- Mots-clés > commodity management
- Mots-clés > estimating drug requirements
- Mots-clés > procurement planning
- Mots-clés > quantification - forecasting of medicines and supplies
- Mots-clés > quantification - pharmaceutical requirements
- Mots-clés > quantification of commodities
- Mots-clés > Reproductive Health Commodity Security (RHCS)
- Mots-clés > Reproductive, Maternal, Newborn, and Child Health (RMNCH)
- Mots-clés > supply of commodities
- Mots-clés > supply planning
(2014; 60 pages)
USAID | DELIVER PROJECT, Task Order 4. 2014. Quantification of Health Commodities: A Guide to Forecasting and Supply Planning for Procurement. Arlington, Va.: USAID | DELIVER PROJECT, Task Order 4.
The USAID | DELIVER PROJECT, Task Order 4, developed this guide for quantifying health commodities; it will assist technical advisors, program managers, warehouse managers, procurement officers, and service providers in
- estimating the total commodity needs and costs for successful implementation of national health program strategies and goals,
- identifying the funding needs and gaps for procuring the required commodities, and
- planning procurements and shipment delivery schedules to ensure a sustained and effective supply of health commodities.
The step-by-step approach to quantification presented in this guide is complemented by a set of product-specific companion pieces that include detailed instructions for forecasting consumption of antiretroviral drugs, HIV test kits, antimalarial drugs, and laboratory supplies.