- Mots-clés > estimating drug requirements
- Mots-clés > family planning
- Mots-clés > family planning - commodities
- Mots-clés > quantification
- Mots-clés > quantification - forecasting of medicines and supplies
- Mots-clés > quantification - pharmaceutical requirements
- Mots-clés > quantification of commodities
- Mots-clés > supply planning
(2014; 68 pages)
Oumer A., Shiferaw G., Silindza T., Mabuza S., Masuku R. 2014. Quantification of Family Planning Commodities for January 2014 to December 2018, Swaziland. Submitted to the Swaziland Ministry of Health and US Agency for International Development by UNFPA and the Systems for Improved Access to Pharmaceuticals and Services (SIAPS) Program. Arlington, VA: Management Sciences for Health.
The Government of Swaziland (GOS) is committed to ensuring that reproductive health commodities are available to the people of Swaziland. One of the pillars of family planning commodity security is the continuous and optimal availability of these commodities. With technical assistance from UNFPA and USAID-funded SIAPS, as well as the participation of all major stakeholders, the Ministry of Health connducted a quantification exercise with with the objective of producing a forecast and supply plan for the period 2014–2018. The results of this quantification exercise will be used in planning, mobilizing, and securing financial resources for the quantification period and for establishing estimated procurement requirements in the short term.