- Mots-clés > ARV Medicines - Pharmaceutical Supply System
- Mots-clés > estimating drug requirements
- Mots-clés > HIV/AIDS Medical Supplies and Laboratory Commodities
- Mots-clés > quantification
- Mots-clés > quantification - forecasting of medicines and supplies
- Mots-clés > quantification - pharmaceutical requirements
- Mots-clés > quantification of commodities
- Mots-clés > supply management
(2014; 43 pages)
Shiferaw, G., Sigudla, T., Mthimkhulu, W. 2014. Quantification of HIV and AIDS Commodities for April 2014 through March 2016, Swaziland. Submitted to the US Agency for International Development by the Systems for Improved Access to Pharmaceuticals and Services (SIAPS) Program. Arlington, VA: Management Sciences for Health.
The Government of Swaziland (GoS) has made significant progress in addressing the HIV and AIDS epidemic through a series of strategic plans and frameworks. An important component of the plans and frameworks is the regular and systematic quantification of HIV and AIDS commodities to ensure the regular and uninterrupted supply of life-saving medicines. This technical report details the quantification exercise carried out the government, which included antiretroviral medicines (ARVs) for antiretroviral therapy (ART), medicines for prevention of mother-to-child transmission (PMTCT), medicines for opportunistic infections (e.g., co-trimoxazole prophylaxis), medicines for isoniazid preventive therapy (IPT) such as isoniazid (INH), and medicines for Kaposi’s sarcoma.