- Mots-clés > health centre store
- Mots-clés > layout planning
- Mots-clés > managing drug supply
- Mots-clés > medical stores - management
- Mots-clés > medical supply management
- Mots-clés > primary health care centres - management
- Mots-clés > storage facilities - building and management
- Mots-clés > storage of essential medicines
(1994; 75 pages)
Updated from the first edition, entitle How to Look After a Health Centre Store, by Anthony Battersby.
Proper management of health centre stores is a vital component in the effective organization and operation of supply chains for primary health care programmes. One of the main problems faced by health centres in developing countries is how to maintain a steady and reliable supply of essential drugs. This book is especially welcome at a time when it is crucial to increase efficiency of use of available health resources.
It provides basic guidelines for simplified, but sound, approaches for those responsible for running a health centre's medical store. How to store essential drugs and other basic supplies properly, how to arrange for re-ordering of supplies and how to organize store-keeping to make the most efficient use possible of the available supplies.