Chapter 4 of this handbook helps groups to develop an understanding about:
• the importance of assessment in understanding HIV/AIDS-related treatment needs and resources in their communities;
• what forms of HIV/AIDS-related treatment are or are not already available and accessible;
• how people living with HIV/AIDS decide about treatment, where they go for it, and who helps them to use it;
• what other organizations are doing about HIV/AIDS-related treatment and how it might affect a group's decision to get involved;
• the capacity of a group to respond to HIV/AIDS-related treatment needs; and
• how to make decisions about getting involved with HIV/AIDS-related treatment, and communicate them to others.