- Todos > Medicine Access and Rational Use > Better Medicines for Children
- Todos > Medicine Access and Rational Use > Selection
- Palabras clave > Essential Medicines List (EML)
- Palabras clave > Essential Medicines List for children - EMLc
- Palabras clave > medicines utilization
- Palabras clave > paediatric medicines
- Palabras clave > use of medicines
- Palabras clave > WHO expert committee
- Palabras clave > WHO Model List of Essential Medicines
- Palabras clave > médicaments pédiatriques
- Palabras clave > medicamentos pediátricos
- Palabras clave > uso de medicamentos
(2015; 568 pages)
The 20th meeting of the WHO Expert Committee on the Selection and Use of Essential medicines took place in Geneva, Switzerland, from 20 to 24 April 2015. The goal of the meeting was to review and update the 18th WHO Model List of Essential Medicines (EML) and the 4th WHO Model List of Essential Medicines for Children (EMLc).
In accordance with approved procedures, the Expert Committee evaluated the scientific evidence on the basis of the comparative effectiveness, safety and costeffectiveness of the medicines. Both lists went through major revisions this year, as the Committee considered 77 applications, including 29 treatment regimens for cancer, and innovative hepatitis C and tuberculosis (TB) medicines. The Expert Committee recommended the addition of 36 new medicines to the EML (15 to the core list and 21 to the complementary list); and recommended the addition of 16 new medicines to the EMLc (four to the core list and 12 to the complementary list).