- Todos > Medicine Access and Rational Use > Rational Use
- Todos > Medicine Access and Rational Use > Selection
- Palabras clave > appropriate use
- Palabras clave > cost-effectiveness
- Palabras clave > Drug and Therapeutics Committee - DTC
- Palabras clave > drug use evaluation
- Palabras clave > evidence - effectiveness and efficiency
- Palabras clave > formulary - process
- Palabras clave > Good Prescribing Practice (GPP)
- Palabras clave > medicine use - investigating
- Palabras clave > Medicine Utilization Review (MUR) / Drug Utilization Review (DUR)
- Palabras clave > selection of medicines
(2007; 305 pages)
Management Sciences for Health and World Health Organization. 2007. Drug and Therapeutics Committee Training Course. Submitted to the U.S. Agency for International Development by the Rational Pharmaceutical Management Plus Program. Arlington, VA: Management Sciences for Health.
The Drug and Therapeutics Committee (DTC) is an essential component of a health care organization’s medicine selection, use, and distribution program. This committee has many different functions that will contribute to the goal of improving medicine selection and rational use of medicines. This session provides an overview of the role and functions of a DTC and describes all aspects of this important committee.
This training series is intended for practitioners who serve on a DTC. The emphasis of this session and of the entire training series is on the technical aspects of a DTC, including medicine selection for the formulary, identification of medicine use problems, and the promotion of interventions to improve medicine use. Participants are referred to the “Further Readings” section for information on the establishment and implementation of a new DTC. The WHO publication Drug and Therapeutics Committee: A Practical Guide provides step-by-step procedures for starting a new DTC.