- Todos > Medicine Access and Rational Use > Rational Use
- Todos > Medicine Access and Rational Use > Selection
- Palabras clave > appropriate use
- Palabras clave > cardiovascular disease
- Palabras clave > cardiovascular medicines
- Palabras clave > clinical guidelines
- Palabras clave > drug indications
- Palabras clave > drug treatment
- Palabras clave > evidence-based medicine (EBM)
- Palabras clave > guidelines and standards
- Palabras clave > national treatment guidelines
- Palabras clave > standard treatment
(2006; 85 pages)
The publication of second edition of the Cardivasular Drug Guidelines represents the culmination of the efforts of the National Drugs and Therapeutics Committee to publish clinical drug guidelines for common diseses seen in fiji. These guidelines are targeted for health care professional working at hospitals and at the primary health care settings. It sets the gold standards for the use of cardivasular drugs in Fiji.
The guidelines have been endorsed by the Heart Health Fiji, a subcommittee of the National Noncommuniable Disese Committee.
The guidelines have taken into account the drugs available in the Fiji Essential Medicines Formulary (EMF), 2006 Edition, in recommending treatments approaches. All recommended drug therapies are either evidence-based or universally accepted standards.
It is hoped that these guidelines will be used by all health care workers in theor daily care of patients suffering from cardiovascular diseases.