- Palabras clave > anti-tuberculosis medicines
- Palabras clave > national tuberculosis control programmes
- Palabras clave > pharmaceutical management
- Palabras clave > procurement
- Palabras clave > procurement and supply management - assessment
- Palabras clave > supply chain
- Palabras clave > supply chain management
- Palabras clave > TB pharmaceutical supply systems
- Palabras clave > tuberculosis
(2012; 48 pages)
Dias, V., and J. Marmion. 2012. TB Pharmaceutical Management in Bangladesh, June 24–July 12, 2012: A Rapid Assessment Report. Submitted to the US Agency for International Development by the Systems for Improved Access to Pharmaceuticals and Services (SIAPS) Program. Arlington, VA: Management Sciences for Health.
As part of this assignment, a rapid assessment of the pharmaceutical supply system currently used for managing, first- and second-line TB medicines in Bangladesh was undertaken in June 2012. It was a rapid assessment rather than a comprehensive formal survey of the Bangladeshi TB pharmaceutical management system. The latter would have taken a much longer time to complete, and the time allocated for this assignment did not permit such an undertaking. The main objective of carrying out a rapid assessment is to describe how the current TB pharmaceutical supply system operates, identify its strengths and weaknesses, and help identify a set of useful interventions for strengthening the performance of TB pharmaceutical management operations at different levels of the supply system.