- Todos > Medicine Information and Evidence for Policy > Medicines Policy
- Todos > Medicine Information and Evidence for Policy > World’s Medicines Situation Report
- Palabras clave > access to essential medicines and technologies for NCDs
- Palabras clave > chronic disease medicines
- Palabras clave > chronic diseases
- Palabras clave > cost - treatment
- Palabras clave > evidence-based health information
- Palabras clave > health expenditures
- Palabras clave > health statistics
- Palabras clave > NCDs - economic burden
- Palabras clave > noncommunicable disease
- Palabras clave > noncommunicable diseases (NCDs) policies
(2014; 302 pages)
This global status report on prevention and control of NCDs (2014), is framed around the nine voluntary global targets. The report provides data on the current situation, identifying bottlenecks as well as opportunities and priority actions for attaining the targets. The 2010 baseline estimates on NCD mortality and risk factors are provided so that countries can report on progress, starting in 2015. In addition, the report also provides the latest available estimates on NCD mortality (2012) and risk factors, 2010-2012.
All ministries of health need to set national NCD targets and lead the development and implementation of policies and interventions to attain them. There is no single pathway to attain NCD targets that fits all countries, as they are at different points in their progress in the prevention and control of NCDs and at different levels of socioeconomic development. However all countries can benefit from the comprehensive response to attaining the voluntary global targets presented in this report.