- Todos > Medicine Access and Rational Use > Rational Use
- Todos > Medicine Access and Rational Use > Selection
- Palabras clave > appropriate use
- Palabras clave > cost-effectiveness - medicines
- Palabras clave > criteria of medicines selection
- Palabras clave > Drug and Therapeutics Committee - DTC
- Palabras clave > evidence - effectiveness and efficiency
- Palabras clave > evidence-based medicine (EBM)
- Palabras clave > formulary management system
- Palabras clave > rational use of medicines (RUM) / rational medicine use (RMU)
- Palabras clave > therapeutic committees
(2013; 132 pages)
These guidelines are made possible by the generous support of the American people through the US Agency for International Development (USAID), under the terms of cooperative agreement number AID-OAA-A-11-00021. The contents are the responsibility of Management Sciences for Health and do not necessarily reflect the views of USAID or the United States Government.
In the Republic of South Africa’s Gauteng Province, the Provincial Pharmaceutical and Therapeuticals Committee (PTC) developed guidelines to support an integrative PTC network to optimize available resources and the rational use of medicines. These guidelines provide practical tools to hospitals and district PTCs to ensure the quality of therapeutic care with respect to good governance principles.