- Todos > Medicine Information and Evidence for Policy > Information and Publications
- Todos > Quality and Safety: Medicines > Quality Assurance
- Todos > Quality and Safety: Medicines > Regulatory Support
- Todos > Quality and Safety: Medicines > The International Pharmacopoeia
- Palabras clave > Good Pharmacopoeial Practices (GPhP)
- Palabras clave > International Pharmacopoeia (The)
- Palabras clave > international standards - quality of medicines
- Palabras clave > pharmaceutical quality control
- Palabras clave > pharmacopoeial reference standards
- Palabras clave > quality assurance - medicines
- Palabras clave > regulatory harmonization
- Palabras clave > testing - analysis of medicines and active pharmaceutical ingredients
(2014; 4 pages)
The International Pharmacopoeia is a result of WHO’s focus on quality medicines. It provides publicly available standards for quality control testing of pharmaceuticals.
With the advent of globalization the need for harmonized pharmaceutical standards has become increasingly urgent. In recent years, WHO has supported regulatory convergence among Member States in various ways. The Organization has taken the lead in bringing together all active pharmacopoeias to work towards convergence of their standards and practices. This initiative is starting to deliver.