- Todos > Medicine Access and Rational Use > Supply Management
- Todos > Health Technology Management > Inventory and Management Systems
- Palabras clave > antiretroviral therapy (ART)
- Palabras clave > computerized logistic support system
- Palabras clave > computerized management - information systems
- Palabras clave > computers - pharmaceutical management
- Palabras clave > HIV/AIDS
- Palabras clave > inventory control
- Palabras clave > inventory management system
- Palabras clave > logistics management information system (LMIS)
- Palabras clave > pharmaceutical management - antiretroviral medicines (ARV)
- Palabras clave > software-based information systems - medicines management
(2011; 34 pages)
Bhattarai Hare Ram. 2011. Logistics Management Information System Software Used In the Antiretroviral Therapy Program in Karnataka State, India: Recommendations for Improvement. Submitted to the US Agency for International Development by the Strengthening Pharmaceutical Systems Program. Arlington, VA: Management Sciences for Health.
The primary objectives were to
(1) Assess the LMIS software with respect to its adequacy, appropriateness, functionality, and the use of data that it generates; and
(2) Identify options for improving the generation of patient-centered information (programmatic data) at the state-level for use in decision making.
Since there are two other computerized management information system (CMIS) software programs used by the ART centers, the assessment also included exploration of the possibility of adjusting the LMIS software to communicate with these systems.