- Todos > Traditional Medicine > Traditional, Complementary and Herbal Medicine
- Todos > Quality and Safety: Medicines > Quality Assurance
- Palabras clave > Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP)
- Palabras clave > good practices in production
- Palabras clave > good practices in quality control
- Palabras clave > herbal medicines
- Palabras clave > manufacturing standards
- Palabras clave > quality assurance
- Palabras clave > quality control
- Palabras clave > self inspection
- Palabras clave > validation and qualification
- Palabras clave > WHO expert committee
(2006; 22 pages)
The supplementary guidelines are intended to provide WHO Member States with general and minimum technical requirements for quality assurance and control in the manufacture of herbal medicines. Each Member State should develop its own national GMP for manufacturing herbal medicines that are appropriate to the country’s actual situation.
These supplementary guidelines deal exclusively with herbal medicines. Combination of herbal materials with animal materials, mineral materials, chemicals and other substances is not covered in these guidelines.