- Palabras clave > INN - biological and biotechnological substances
- Palabras clave > INN - names for radicals and groups
- Palabras clave > International Nonproprietary Names (INN)
- Palabras clave > Monoclonal Antibodies (mAb)
- Palabras clave > Nomenclature for Monoclonal Antibodies (mAb)
- Palabras clave > use of stems
(2008; 5 pages)
The first INN for a mAb, muromonab CD3, was adopted twenty years ago. Following this, the stem-mab was proposed and adopted for use for all new INN for mAbs.
Between 1991 and1993 the basis of the INN system for mAbs was devised and developed with the first infixes for source and target of the antibodies being formulated. Since1998, 173 INN for mAbs have been published and this class of products represents a very high proportion of the total number of INN for biologicals.
During this period, there has been a move away from rodent-sequence mAbs to humanized or human mAbs.
The object of this meeting was to review the current situation regarding INN for mAbs and draft recommendations for any necessary modifications to the system.