- Todos > Medicine Information and Evidence for Policy > Information and Publications
- Todos > Medicine Information and Evidence for Policy > Monitoring and Evaluation
- Palabras clave > African Health Observatory
- Palabras clave > country data profile
- Palabras clave > health indicators
- Palabras clave > health information system
- Palabras clave > health policy
- Palabras clave > health services
- Palabras clave > health system
- Palabras clave > information exchange
- Palabras clave > national health observatories
- Palabras clave > statistics
(2011; 118 pages)
Basic data and statistics are at the core of all health systems. Without them, it would be impossible to analyse evidence and extract action-orientated knowledge for decision making.
The development of an African Health Observatory and national health observatories aim to narrow the knowledge gap and strengthen health systems in the African Region by providing easy access to high quality information, evidence and knowledge, as well as facilitate their use for policy and decision making.
WHO Health Situation Analysis in the Africa Region: Atlas of Health Statistics, 2011 presents in numerical and graphical formats the best data available for key health indicators in the 46 countries of WHO’s African Region.
With the continued input and collaboration of the African countries, this publication and its future editions will be a signicant, constantly updated information product of the Observatory.