- Todos > Medicine Access and Rational Use > Supply Management
- Todos > Quality and Safety: Medicines > Regulatory Support
- Palabras clave > drug disposal
- Palabras clave > guidelines
- Palabras clave > marketing authorization
- Palabras clave > medicines regulation
- Palabras clave > retail pharmacy
- Palabras clave > sourcing of medicinal products
- Palabras clave > storage
- Palabras clave > supply chains
- Palabras clave > withdrawn products
- Palabras clave > approvisionnement en médicaments
- Palabras clave > chaîne de distribution
- Palabras clave > stockage
(2011; 48 pages)
The purpose of these guidelines is to facilitate compliance with the requirements of the Regulation of Retail Pharmacy Businesses Regulations 2008 (S.I. No. 488 of 2008) in relation to the sourcing of medicinal products, including veterinary medicinal products, for sale or supply in conducting retail pharmacy businesses (pharmacies).
As pharmacies are the final link in the chain of supply of medicinal products from manufacturers to patients, all medicinal products sold and supplied through pharmacies must be sourced from appropriate manufacturers or wholesalers to assure the safety, quality and efficacy of such products. Compliance with the regulations and these guidelines is therefore essential if this objective is to be achieved and patient safety is to be maintained.
Every pharmacy should operate a comprehensive, auditable system for the sourcing and receipt of medicinal products.