- Todos > Public Health, Innovation, Intellectual Property and Trade > Intellectual Property (IP) and Trade
- Palabras clave > compulsory licences
- Palabras clave > HIV/AIDS related treatment
- Palabras clave > HIV/AIDS-related drugs
- Palabras clave > Intellectual Property Rights (IPR)
- Palabras clave > IP enforcement measures
- Palabras clave > patent infringement
- Palabras clave > patent system
- Palabras clave > patents
- Palabras clave > TRIPS Agreement
- Palabras clave > TRIPS flexibilities
(2011; 12 pages) [French]
The right of every human being to access the highest attainable standards of health is now fully recognized by numerous national constitutions and legally binding international human rights treaties. Access to essential medicines is now established as a part of the right to health. In the context of HIV, this includes access to antiretroviral drugs and other medicines essential for HIV care, including medicines for the treatment of opportunistic infections such as tuberculosis.
This paper reviews how countries can successfully use the flexibilities of the World Trade Organization (WTO) Agreement on Trade-Related Aspects of Intellectual Property Rights (TRIPS) to increase access to HIV treatment...