- Todos > Medicine Access and Rational Use > Antimicrobial Drug Resistance
- Todos > Medicine Access and Rational Use > Pricing
- Palabras clave > antibacterial
- Palabras clave > antibiotic
- Palabras clave > antimicrobial resistance (AMR)
- Palabras clave > drug resistance surveillance
- Palabras clave > Drug-resistant tuberculosis (DR-TB)
- Palabras clave > Multidrug-resistant Tuberculosis (MDR-TB)
- Palabras clave > price comparison
- Palabras clave > prices / pricing policy
- Palabras clave > resistance containment
- Palabras clave > tuberculosis
(2011; 48 pages) [Russian]
This report provides an overview of available DR-TB medicines, providing relevant information for each product, including its sources, quality status and price, that can aid treatment providers, treatment programmes and national procurement centres in making procurement decisions. Transparency of price and quality information is one problem that this document also aims to help overcome. In providing this overview, a number of important problems that hamper access to medicines are brought to light.
The medicines examined in this report are those DR-TB drugs classified in groups 2-5 of the World Health Organization's 2008 Guidelines for the Programmatic Management of Drug resistant Tuberculosis. Certain problems are more relevant to some drug classes than others.