- Todos > Medicine Information and Evidence for Policy > Medicines Policy
- Todos > Medicine Access and Rational Use > Rational Use
- Palabras clave > essential medicines - concept
- Palabras clave > essential medicines history
- Palabras clave > marketing practices
- Palabras clave > medicines policy
- Palabras clave > rational use - concept
- Palabras clave > rational use of medicines (RUM) / rational medicine use (RMU)
- Palabras clave > strategies
(1987; 338 pages) [French] [Spanish]
In 1984 the World Health Assembly requested the Director-General of the World Health Organization to arrange a meeting of experts of the concerned parties, including governments, pharmaceutical industries, and patients and consumers organizations, to discuss ways of ensuring the rational use of drugs, in particular through improved knowledge and flow of information, and to discuss the role of marketing practices in this respect, especially in developing countries.
The meeting, named Conference of Experts on the Rational Use of Drugs, was held in Nairobi, Kenya, from 25 to 29 November 1985. In 1986 the Health Assembly requested the Director-General to publish the report of the conference and to ensure its wide dissemination...