- Medicine Information and Evidence for Policy > Medicines Policy
- Medicine Access and Rational Use > Supply Management
- Health Technology Management > Donations
(1999; 24 pages) [French] [Spanish]
1. CMC. Guidelines for donors and recipients of pharmaceutical donations. Geneva: Christian Medical Commission of the World Council of Churches; 1990 (in English, French, German and Spanish).
2. WHO. The new emergency health kit. Geneva: World Health Organization; 1990. WHO/DAP/90.1, p.5.
3. WHO. The use of essential drugs. Geneva: World Health Organization; 1992. Technical Report Series No. 825, p.13.
4. WHO. Medical supplies donor guidelines for WHO humanitarian assistance for former Yugoslavia. Zagreb: World Health Organization; 1994.
5. Included in: The use of essential drugs. Geneva: World Health Organization; 1998. Technical Report Series No. 882.
6. Emergency relief items. Compendium of basic specifications, Vol. 2: Medical supplies, equipment and selected essential drugs. New York: United Nations Development Programme; 1996.
7. Included in: WHO Expert Committee on Specifications for Pharmaceutical Preparations. Geneva: World Health Organization; 1992. Technical Report Series No. 823.
8. WHO. The new emergency health kit. 2nd ed., Geneva: World Health Organization; 1998. WHO/DAP/98.10.
9. Autier P et al. Drug supply in the aftermath of the 1988 Armenian earthquake. Lancet 1990; i: 1388-90.
10. Woldeyesus K, Snell B. Eritrea's policy on donations. Lancet 1994; ii: 879.
11. Cohen S. Drug donations to Sudan. Lancet 1990; i: 745.
12. PIMED. Les médicaments non-utilisés en Europe: recueil, destruction et réutilisation à des fins humanitaires. Paris: Pour une information médicale éthique et le développement; 1994.
13. Offerhaus L. Russia: emergency drug aid goes awry. Lancet 1992; i: 607.
14. Maritoux J. Report submitted to WHO, October 1994.
15. ´t Hoen E, Hodgkin C. Harmful use of donated veterinary drug. Lancet 1993; ii: 308-9.
16. Forte GB. An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. Presentation at the International Conference of Drug Regulatory Agencies, The Hague, 1994.
17. Letter sent by the Mayor of Mostar to the Ambassador of the European Union, 2 October 1995.
18. Pharma aid for Rwanda, SCRIP, No. 1946, 5 August 1994, p.15.
19. Purvis A. The goodwill pill mess. Time, 29 April 1996.
20. Berckmans P. Inappropriate drug donation practices in Bosnia and Herzegovina, 1992 to 1996, New England Journal of Medicine 1997; 337(25):1842-1845.
21. WHO. Press release 9915, EURO/15/99, 30 June 1999. Copenhagen: World Health Organization, Regional Office for Europe.