1. WORLD HEALTH ORGANIZATION. The rational use of drugs. Report of the conference of experts, Nairobi. 25-29 November 1985. Geneva, 1987.
2. WHO Technical Report Series, No. 790, 1990 (Thirty-first report of the WHO Expert Committee on Specifications for Pharmaceutical Preparations), Annex 5.
3. WHO Technical Report Series. No. 645,1980 (Twenty-seventh report of the WHO Expert Committee on Specifications for Pharmaceutical Preparations), p. 27.
4. WHO Official Records, No. 226. 1975, Annex 12, Part 1.
5. WHO Technical Report Series, No. 567, 1975 (Twenty-fifth report of the WHO Expert Committee on Specifications for Pharmaceutical Preparations).
6. WORLD HEALTH ORGANIZATION. Basic tests for pharmaceutical substances. Geneva, 1986.
7. DÖRNER, G. ET AL. Management of drug purchasing, storage and distribution. Manual for developing countries, 2nd rev. ed. 1985 (available from Fédération internationale pharmaceutique (FIP), Alexanderstraat 11, 2514 JL The Hague; and from International Federation of Pharmaceutical Manufacturers Associations (IFPMA), 67 rue de St Jean, 1201 Geneva).
8. BATTERSBY, A. How to look after a health centre store. London, Appropriate Health Resources and Technologies Action Group, 1983.
9. Managing drug supply. Boston, MA, Management Sciences for Health, 1982.