- All > WHO Prequalification of Medical Products > WHO-UNICEF-UN Project
- All > Health Technology Management > Procurement
- All > Medical Devices > Equipment
- Keywords > Good Procurement Practices (GPP)
- Keywords > health technology - procurement process
- Keywords > medical devices - procurement process
- Keywords > medical equipment
- Keywords > prequalification - vaccines, medicines, diagnostics and medical devices
- Keywords > process for procurement of diagnostics and related laboratory items/equipment
- Keywords > procurement - performance indicators
- Keywords > procurement - procedures & processes
- Keywords > procurement manual
(2013; 34 pages)
The purpose of the Manual for Procurement of Diagnostics and Related Laboratory Items and Equipment is to provide information on procurement processes specific to HIV and related diagnostics, laboratory items and equipment. This Manual is not intended to replace existing guidance on basic procurement processes but rather to enhance and extend current processes to include specific issues related to diagnostics and related items/equipment that are considered essential to ensure high quality testing services.
The intended audience includes procurement officers, HIV programme managers and end-users of diagnostics, staff in United Nations (UN) agencies and non-governmental organizations (NGOs) who are responsible for the selection, use and procurement of diagnostics and related laboratory items and equipment.