- Keywords > childhood illnesses - clinical guidance
- Keywords > childhood illnesses - management
- Keywords > children - management of common illnesses
- Keywords > diagnosis and treatment
- Keywords > national treatment guidelines
- Keywords > paediatric health care
- Keywords > paediatric medicines
- Keywords > paediatrics
- Keywords > treatment - children
- Keywords > médicaments pédiatriques
- Keywords > medicamentos pediátricos
(2012; 176 pages)
The guidelines and protocols presented in this document are designed to provide a useful resource for healthcare professionals involved in clinical case management in Rwanda. They were developed by taking into consideration services provided at different levels within the health system and the resources available, and are intended to standardize care at both the secondary and tertiary levels of service delivery across different socio-economic levels of our society.
The clinical conditions included in this manual were selected based on facility reports of high volume and high risk conditions treated in each specialty area. The guidelines were developed through extensive consultative work sessions, which included health experts and clinicians from different specialties. The working group brought together current evidence-based knowledge in an effort to provide the highest quality of healthcare to the public.
These guidelines will greatly contribute to improve the diagnosis, management, and treatment of patients across Rwanda.