- All > Medicine Information and Evidence for Policy > Information and Publications
- All > Traditional Medicine > Traditional, Complementary and Herbal Medicine
- Keywords > complementary medicine
- Keywords > herbal medicines
- Keywords > legislative framework
- Keywords > medicinal plants
- Keywords > pharmacovigilance reporting system
- Keywords > quality of medicines
- Keywords > rational use of medicines (RUM) / rational medicine use (RMU)
- Keywords > safety and efficacy
- Keywords > traditional medicine policy
- Keywords > traditional remedies
(2016; 36 pages)
This issue revolves around herbs and medicinal plants, man’s companions for ages and for years to come in sickness and in health.
The editorial board went through lengthy discussion filled with enthusiasm for medicinal plants and fears about safety. It presents here balanced, comprehensive views about various aspects of herbs and medicinal plants. The readers will be updated about the current situation in Sudan, the legislation and policies beside the position of the WHO on this subject. Educational materials hammering on practical issues regarding medicinal plants are provided along with advice for healthcare professionals when confronted herbal use.