- All > Medicine Access and Rational Use > Rational Use
- All > Quality and Safety: Medicines > Regulatory Support
- Keywords > advertisement and promotion
- Keywords > Code of Conduct for Pharmaceutical Advertising
- Keywords > drug promotion
- Keywords > Ethical Criteria for Medicinal Drug Promotion
- Keywords > ethical practices and standards
- Keywords > marketing practices
- Keywords > pharmaceutical promotions - regulation
- Keywords > pharmaceutical regulation
- Keywords > regulation - pharmaceutical markets
- Keywords > regulatory framework
(2015; 60 pages)
The pharmaceutical advertisement and promotion has increasingly influenced the public policies and efforts to provide people with good quality, safe and affordable medicines. It also affects the rational prescriptions and has implications for pricing of medicines.
This paper represents the evaluation of the nature, scale and impact of regulation on the pharmaceutical promotion. The methodology of the evaluation followed the guidelines named "Promotion of medicines: the evaluation of nature, scale and impact of regulation", which was prepared under the guidance of international experts supported by the Health Action International (HAI), with funding from the "Medicines Transparency Alliance" (MeTA) and the Global Program of HAI.