- Keywords > data collection systems
- Keywords > electronic Logistics Management Information System (eLMIS)
- Keywords > information management
- Keywords > information systems - computerization
- Keywords > Integrated System for Medicines and Supplies Management
- Keywords > logistics management information system (LMIS)
- Keywords > management information system (MIS)
- Keywords > pharmaceutical management information system (PMIS)
- Keywords > reporting system
- Keywords > software-based information systems - medicines management
(2013; 32 pages)
Kamunyori, Joy, and Emma Stewart. 2013. Malawi: Business Case for an Electronic Logistics Management Information System. Arlington, Va.: USAID | DELIVER PROJECT, Task Order 4 and Task Order 7.
In July 2013, the Ministry of Health (MOH), with technical assistance from the USAID | DELIVER PROJECT, Task Order 4 and Task Order 7, conducted a capability assessment of the Malawi public health supply chain system to support the implementation of an electronic logistics management information system (eLMIS) in the country.
The assessment documented challenges in human and infrastructural resources in Malawi, as well as how those gaps are being addressed to facilitate the proper operation and use of an eLMIS. This report includes the findings of this assessment, and presents a business case for implementing an eLMIS to replace the current reporting system in Malawi.