- Keywords > data collection systems
- Keywords > electronic Logistics Management Information System (eLMIS)
- Keywords > information management
- Keywords > information systems - computerization
- Keywords > Integrated System for Medicines and Supplies Management
- Keywords > logistics management information system (LMIS)
- Keywords > management information system (MIS)
- Keywords > pharmaceutical management information system (PMIS)
- Keywords > reporting system
- Keywords > software-based information systems - medicines management
(2013; 42 pages)
Wright, Christopher, David Papworth, and Mattias Wiklund. 2013. Malawi: Assessment of the Integrated Logistics Management Information System: Review of the Processes and Software Tools. Arlington, Va.: USAID | DELIVER PROJECT, Task Order 4 and Task Order 7.
In February 2013, the Ministry of Health (MOH), with technical assistance from the USAID | DELIVER PROJECT, Task Order 4 and Task Order 7, conducted an assessment of Malawi’s integrated logistics management information system (LMIS) for medicines and related health commodities.
The assessment reviewed key features of the overall system design that impact the LMIS; the processes of LMIS data collection, recording, reporting, and use; the software solutions that are used to manage the data; and the underlying resources needed to sustain the LMIS. This report, presented to the MOH, includes the findings of the assessment, as well as short- and long-term recommendations to improve the LMIS processes and technology solutions in Malawi.