- All > Medicine Access and Rational Use > Rational Use
- All > Medicine Access and Rational Use > Selection
- Keywords > antibiotics
- Keywords > appropriate use
- Keywords > clinical guidelines
- Keywords > drug indications
- Keywords > drug treatment
- Keywords > evidence-based medicine (EBM)
- Keywords > guidelines and standards
- Keywords > national treatment guidelines
- Keywords > rational use of antibiotics
- Keywords > standard treatment
(2011; 82 pages)
The publication of the Third Edition of the Antibiotic Drug Guidelines represents the culmination of the efforts of the National Medicines and Therapeutics Committee (NMTC) to publish clinical drug guidelines for common diseases in Fiji.
These guidelines are targeted for the health care settings. It aims to rationalize the usage of antibiotics on our Essential Medicines Formulary (EMF) and to establish consistency in the treatment of various infectious conditions. All recommended therapies are either evidence-based or universally accepted standards.
These are general guidelines; treatment of individual patients may vary depending upon local conditions and experience.