- All > Medicine Information and Evidence for Policy > Medicines Policy
- All > Medicine Programme Coordination > Programme Coordination
- Keywords > access to affordable essential medicines
- Keywords > access to essential medicines
- Keywords > affordable prices
- Keywords > availability, affordability, and quality of pharmaceutical products
- Keywords > EC/ACP/WHO partnership program
- Keywords > health system strengthening
- Keywords > pharmaceutical services - building capacity
- Keywords > policy perspectives
- Keywords > strategies
- Keywords > Strengthening Pharmaceutical Systems (SPS)
(2014; 4 pages) [French]
The Renewed Partnership (RP) is a collaborative initiative between the European Commission (EC), the World Health Organization (WHO) and 15 African Member States of the African, Caribbean and Pacific Group of States (ACP).
The overall objectives of the RP are to contribute to the achievement of health-related Millennium Development Goals (i.e. MDGs 4, 5, 6 and 8), and to help realize Universal Health Coverage (UHC) in the partner countries. To accomplish this, the RP supports improvements in the availability, affordability and use of safe, effective and quality-assured essential medicines. The overall budget of the RP amounts to €10.8 million.