- Keywords > childhood illnesses - clinical guidance
- Keywords > evidence for clinical interventions
- Keywords > evidence-based policy
- Keywords > Integrated Management of Childhood Illness (IMCI)
- Keywords > maternal and child health - MCH
- Keywords > maternal, newborn, and child health commodities
- Keywords > Reproductive, Maternal, Newborn, and Child Health (RMNCH)
(2011; 28 pages)
Poor maternal, newborn and child health remains a significant problem in developing countries.
Worldwide, 358 000 women die during pregnancy and childbirth every year and an estimated 7.6 million children die under the age of five.
The foremost aim of this global review is to compile existing evidence on the impact of different interventions on the main causes of maternal, newborn and child deaths. The specific objectives of this review were to serve as a first step towards:
- Developing consensus on the content of RMNCH packages of interventions at each level of the health system across the continuum of care.
- Facilitating the scaling-up of these interventions.
- Identifying research gaps in the content of core packages of interventions.